InsureShield TM for Shopify
Transactional insurance coverage through a quick and easy app
Superior coverage for a superior customer experience
You can do everything right to get your package to your customer’s door. But sometimes, things just happen that are out of your control. No need to fret – turn that situation into an opportunity to WOW your customer. With extensive coverage geared for B2C shippers, we put you in the driver’s seat and turn that pain into a gain.
Insurance coverage right-sized for your business
- Multi-modal, multi-carrier coverage for loss, damage and theft
- Full value reimbursement up to invoice value plus freight
- Expedited reshipping costs up to 20% of the insured value of the goods
- Coverage for goods that are refused or not delivered
Quick claims payment, with most paid in 4 days or less
- Enhanced online access with 24/7 claims submission and visibility
- Direct filing through UPS Capital versus the carrier
- 90 days to report concealed damages and 9 months to file a claim
Configurable app for stress-free shipping
- Free and easy to install app
- Configurable insurance coverage including rules based on order value, SKU or geography
- Online access to policy and claims details
Frequently asked questions
How do I get started?
Visit the app store and click “add app” to install. It is pretty straightforward, with a few questions about your business, contact information and then your insurance preferences.
Once I have downloaded the app, what next?
Use your new policy number and register for our free online portal to quickly and efficiently take advantage of features such as:
- View your policy
- File claims
- Check claim status
- Check your invoices
- Make payments
How can I configure my coverage?
You have the choice of insuring goods based on any of the following options:
- Order value: Insure orders based on value, and any order sold at or above the amount will be insured automatically.
- Product: Select only those products you wish to insure by checking the box next to their stock keeping units (SKUs) in the product drop down box.
- Recipient geography: Choose to insure shipments traveling domestically or internationally. To insure both, leave this rule blank.
Note: You must select at least one rule, but you can also select multiple rules. For example, domestic shipments over $50. Once your rules are set, the app will take care of the insurance automatically as orders are completed. You can make changes to these rules at any time from the “My Account” feature within the app.
What is your coverage?
That’s a great question, and we are happy you asked. Included in your policy, you get:
- Reimbursement for the full value of the loss up to your invoice value, plus shipping costs and 10%, with dollar one coverage
- Coverage for loss and damage as well as theft protection for losses discovered after delivery, also known as porch piracy
- Multi-carrier, multi-modal coverage so goods moving with any carrier, freight or parcel, can be covered
- Expedited reshipment up to 20% of the insured value of the goods
- Extended claims filing with a 9 month window and 90 days for concealed damages
- Fast claims payment with most paid in 4 days or less
What if I need to cover goods beyond what is sold through my Shopify store?
Other coverage plans are available depending on your needs. The best approach is to speak with one of our licensed specialists to better understand how you make, move and sell your goods. Give us a call at: 877-242-7930 or submit an online inquiry.
What are the minimum and maximum values I can cover?
There really is no minimum. You can insure a $10 shipment if you like. Your maximum value will be displayed during account setup.
Are any commodities excluded from coverage?
The following items are excluded: Accounts receivable, fish meal, nuclear fuel and substances, stamps, deeds, notes, lottery tickets and gambling devices, precious metals (bullion, balls, bars, grains, strip, sheet, wire, chain, ingots and the scrap of these metals), securities, evidence of debt, and any form of currency (bills and coins).
Is there a cost for the app?
Nope! The app is free to install. You only pay for the coverage you need.
How is the cost of coverage calculated?
The cost of coverage is calculated per $100 of value.
How am I invoiced?
You will receive an invoice from UPS Capital on the second of each month to the email address associated with your account. You can view your invoice once you log into the online portal.
What forms of payment do you accept?
You can pay via ACH, check or American Express, MasterCard and Visa credit cards.
For ACH or to automatically debit your credit card, please login to the online portal and edit your payment preferences.
For check payment, please include your policy and invoice number on the check and mail to:
UPS Capital Insurance Agency Inc.
35 Glenlake Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30328
How do I submit a claim?
Claims are really easy to submit through our online portal. You simply enter a few facts about the shipment, including the original Order ID, and click submit.
What documentation is needed for a claim?
Generally, you will need to provide proof of shipment and a copy of the invoice. Other documents may be required depending on the type of claim you have.
How do I check the status of my claim?
Your claim status can be viewed by logging into the online portal and entering your tracking number, Bill of Lading (BOL) or your claim number under the check status screen.
How much time does it take to get paid?
Claims are generally paid in 4 days or less keeping your cash flowing and allowing you to reship a replacement to your customer.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
You can call 877-263-8772 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
How do I cancel my account?
We are sorry to see you go. If you want to cancel your account, please click on the “Apps” tool in your Shopify Admin, then click “Delete” in the row of the app that you want to uninstall. Click “Delete” again in the message that appears. After receiving notice of uninstalling the app, you will be issued a policy cancellation notice.
Trouble downloading the app?
In most scenarios this is related to the internet browser or an extension. Try using a different browser or temporarily disabling the extensions on your current browser.
You may also want to check your browser is set to allow certain pop-ups and clear your cache.