InsureShield™ for UPS® Packages
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I insure my shipment?
- You must declare a value when processing your shipment (see steps below for doing so on a variety of shipping systems).
- There is no need to declare value if you have a policy for automatic coverage.
How will I be billed?
- Most customers will be billed by UPS and premium charges will be noted as Declared Value line items on your UPS® invoice.
- Otherwise, UPS Capital Insurance Agency, Inc. will mail or e-mail your invoice on a bi-weekly billing cycle.
What is my maximum insured value per package?
- We offer up to $70,000 on UPS Next Day Air® packages and $50,000 on other packages unless stated otherwise on your insurance policy declarations page.
How do I determine adequate value and cover my costs?
- You should declare the invoice value of your sold goods.
What do I do when I have a claim?
- Our claims process has gone paperless.
- Please log in to UPS Capital Online where you can file and check the status of your claim.
How do I get help?
- For claims inquiries, please call: 1-866-385-2130.
How do I declare value on various shipping systems?
Subscribe to receive UPS Capital email communications
To stay on top of the latest insights, news and announcements, enter your contact information and select your areas of interest.
By subscribing, you consent to receive special offers and news from UPS and its affiliates. You may unsubscribe at any time.
For more information on our privacy practices, please consult the UPS Capital and UPS Privacy Notices available on upscapital.com.
Got a claim?
File directly through UPS Capital Online.