Flexible Parcel Insurance
Simply a better way to insure small package shipments.
A real parcel insurance plan to protect your reputation and bottom line.
OK, you usually declare value on your small package shipments. So why is it when you file a claim, you feel like you have to hire a team of investigators to prove the carrier was liable? If you’re weary of being “denied,” we can help. It’s called Flexible Parcel Insurance. Real package insurance protection for what you ship, including high-value, fragile, time-sensitive or perishable goods. We can design a shipping insurance policy for your UPS® shipments only, or a policy to cover all your small packages if you use multiple carriers. Either way, it’s not carrier liability or declared value. So you can be sure you’re insured.
Small package shipment policies built for what, where and how you ship.
- Select coverage at the time of shipping with no upfront costs or deposits
- Reimbursement up to the full invoice price of your sold goods
- Insurance selection integrated with standard shipping systems, minimizing effort
- Fast, hassle-free claims resolution
- Cover domestic inbound, outbound, freight collect, third-party shipments and international outbound shipments
- One simple bill includes both shipping and insurance charges on your UPS statement
- Dedicated customer service, and supply chain insurance experts that can help you avoid claims before they occur
What are the alternatives to
Flexible Parcel Insurance?
- Declared value/Carrier liability
Expensive. Not real insurance. Not customizable. To win a claim, you must prove the carrier is liable.
- 3rd-party provider
An additional party. Requires separate billing and claims processes. At least it’s insurance.
The funds you set aside could be working harder in your business. Paying for just one lost or damaged shipment can be expensive, especially if you have package concentration risk. And did you really set that money aside?
- Business insurance policy
Did you ask your agent? Or, are you assuming it covers goods in transit — if it does, it likely comes with a high deductible. And one claim could skyrocket your rates.
Choose the small package insurance
option that’s right for you.
Basic insurance for your small package shipments
With Flexible Parcel Insurance, you select insurance at the time of shipping with no upfront costs. Insurance selection is integrated with standard shipping systems and charges are incorporated in your UPS statement.
Expanded insurance for consequential losses
Broader coverage protects against consequential losses as a result of lost or damaged shipments. It also covers items excluded from a carrier’s standard tariff, including items with face value, like gift cards, tickets, lost interest, etc.
Time-in-transit insurance for perishable goods
The perfect option for covering perishable or time-sensitive goods like specialty foods, seafood, flowers and pharmaceuticals. Protects you against loss or damage, including those resulting from delays in transit.
Looking for shipping insurance to cover multiple carriers or modes, or just unsure of the type of coverage you need? Find the best option for your business with this short quiz.
I just assumed that declared value was insurance. But when it came to claims, we were lucky if we could recoup 30% of our losses. We were fighting a losing battle.Read the case study
90% of shippers routinely use carrier liability/declared value. Virtually none of them understand how it works.Read the research
Who says insurance and financial solutions have to be boring?
From cargo insurance to alternative financing, we’ve got customer stories and insights that won’t put you to sleep.
Subscribe to receive UPS Capital email communications
To stay on top of the latest insights, news and announcements, enter your contact information and select your areas of interest. *Required fields.
By subscribing, you consent to receive special offers and news from UPS and its affiliates. You may unsubscribe at any time.
For more information on our privacy practices, please consult the UPS Capital and UPS Privacy Notices available on upscapital.com.
1. Multi-Carrier only offers Basic and Expanded not Time-in-Transit coverage. Multi-Carrier coverage currently only available for shippers utilizing V-Technologies StarShip software. Not available for FedEx SmartPost® Service.
2. Multi-Carrier charges appear on a separate UPS Capital bill.
Got a claim?
File directly through UPS Capital Online.