Protection for your supply chain and your bottom line.
At UPS Capital, a subsidiary of UPS®, we offer innovative supply chain solutions that not only help protect your finances, but manage the increasing risks of today's global supply chains.
Get door-to-door coverage that goes beyond standard carrier liability limits and covers the retail cost of your goods in transit, regardless of the mode of transportation or carrier.
Coverage beyond standard carrier liability.
The longer and more complex a supply chain is, the more likely it is to experience a costly disruption. Many businesses believe they have adequate coverage for their in-transit goods. Upon closer inspection, however, their existing coverage may be far below what is needed.
Minimise financial setbacks with a customised cargo insurance solution from UPS Capital.* Protect freight shipments in transit against loss or damage, from the time they leave your facility until your client receives them. Our solution offers higher coverage and limits than standard carrier liability.
Know you’re covered for many unforeseen events, all in one simplified policy.
Concealed Damage | Theft | Natural Disasters | Shipping Accidents | General Average Contributions
Whether you’re shipping via land, ocean or air, we offer a solution that protects against transportation risks and worldwide coverage regardless of the transportation carrier or who is bearing the risk.
Give your customers the opportunity to protect their packages beyond the automatic protection provided by UPS. When they trust you with their packages, UPS Customized Declared Value can provide them with additional peace of mind.
Peace of Mind that goes beyond the standards.
The great thing about shipping with UPS is that if your package is worth £60 or less, you automatically benefit from a right to recover against loss or damage subject to the UPS terms and conditions of the tariff. But, what if you’re shipping high-value items like electronics or pharmaceuticals? With UPS Customized Declared Value, you can get an extra level of liability for your high-value, time-sensitive, perishable or hard-to-value items, with contractual liability up to $50,000 USD per package or $250,000 per shipment. You can even recover costs related to delayed shipments, such as reconstructing documents or penalties due to late delivery.
Choose from two types of liability recovery:
- Standard—Recovery for loss or damage to goods in transit up to your selling price
- Expanded—Recovery for delays in transit for time-sensitive or perishable items and documents
Most standard carrier liability programmes are generally more expensive and only cover the replacement costs and not the retail sales price. Our customisable and affordable options provide a stable cash flow by supporting your business through the unique risks, situations and challenges that come with transporting highly sensitive goods.
Keep capital invested in maintaining inventory and market share rather than tied up in administrative costs with no upfront fees or deposits. When you’re ready to ship, you can use your current UPS shipping software to choose which shipments you want to benefit from an extra level of liability and how much to declare them for, then pay as you go. Your UPS Customized Declared Value charges will appear right on your regular UPS bill.
Worry less with our industry first solution that pairs a sophisticated monitoring engine with a team of dedicated logistics experts ready to take action to help ensure delivery of your critical shipments. If an unavoidable delay is identified, automatic protection kicks in to protect you against the unforeseen costs of expedited delivery and recovery procedures. Or, if your package is damaged or lost, you are also financially protected up to your selling price.
Make unpredictable supply chain disruptions more manageable.
What happens if a high-value shipment of vaccines is at risk for a temperature excursion? 2 degrees Celsius is all it takes to compromise the product, leading to reduced profitability. That’s why our industry-first solution pairs a sophisticated monitoring engine with a team of dedicated logistics experts to anticipate problems, intervene and take corrective action long before you realise the shipment is going to be late or lost—all for one flat fee per package. Can your standard transportation carrier do all that?
As your end-to-end partner, we’ll help you mitigate the expense of product loss, improve your customers' experience and protect your brand’s reputation.
Plan for potential issues with proven solutions.
When shipments move through the UPS® network, we have higher, continuous visibility of the supply chain, allowing us to monitor every step of its journey 24/7/365. If a risk is identified, or if a shipment cannot be delivered as scheduled, we’ll respond to near real-time alerts with proactive measures based on your predefined instructions. Our dedicated logistics experts are prepared to:
- Attempt a same-day redelivery if the first attempt is unsuccessful
- Re-route your shipment to an alternate address
- Return a shipment to the shipper before the first delivery attempt
- Hold a shipment at Will Call for pickup by the receiver
- Deliver on Saturday so that your shipment isn't held over the weekend
- Refrigerate or replenish dry ice for temperature-sensitive shipments
- Utilise our white glove UPS Express Critical® service, which places your shipment on the next flight out, with no out-of-pocket expenses
Get automatic protection for unforeseen costs.
You’re protected from the additional costs of recovery procedures including expediting packages, refrigerating or replenishing dry ice for temperature-sensitive shipments, upgrading delayed critical shipments with next flight or same-day delivery—with no extra fees or claim-filing processes. Plus, protection includes damages or losses caused by weather delays or mechanical issues, typically not covered with standard carrier liability. In the unlikely event that a delivery is missed, the amount up to the sales price is reimbursed.
Jewellery. Wristwatches. Collectibles. They’re high-value items. When it’s time to ship them, the stakes are equally high—a damaged, lost or delayed shipment can lead to a major financial loss. Parcel Pro™ Select gives you peace of mind by combining risk mitigation best practices with insured transportation to protect your most valuable shipments.
Make everything simpler and safer with Parcel Pro™ Select:
- Shipments may be insured for up to $100,000 USD or local currency equivalent to and from select countries or territories.
- For your convenience and security, Parcel Pro™ Select offers sales and service offices located in major jewellery districts worldwide, including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore and Bangkok.
* Disclaimer: Insurance is underwritten by an authorised insurance company and issued through UPS Capital Insurance Agency Limited. UPS Capital Insurance Agency Limited is registered with Companies House (the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales) with UK establishment number 11641767. UPS Capital Insurance Agency Limited’s registered office address is UPS House, Forest Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 7DY, United Kingdom. UPS Capital Insurance Agency Limited is an appointed representative of Crispin Speers & Partners Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. UPS Capital Insurance Agency Limited reserves the right to change or cease to offer any insurance solution described in this communication at any time. The insurance is governed by the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the applicable insurance policy. This website does not in any way alter, supplement, or amend the terms, conditions, limitations or exclusions of the applicable insurance policy. Please consult the insurance policy for the exact terms and conditions. We endeavour to ensure that all information provided on this website is correct. However, no warranty, guarantee, or representation, either express or implied, is made as to the correctness, completeness or timeliness of any information contained herein. Insurance coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
UPS Capital is constantly growing and expanding its presence all over the globe. See our international products and services that are currently available.Learn More