Mark Robinson has been with UPS for more than 25 years, the last 18 with UPS Capital in the supply chain insurance and trade finance areas. Robinson and his team help companies gain more value from their UPS relationships by protecting their supply chains and offering ways to enhance working capital. Robinson has led the expansion of UPS Capital’s U.S. presence, growing the company from 10 employees to more than 500.
- Winner of the 2009 Risk & Insurance Magazine Risk Innovator Award
- Currently serves on the executive board for the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from California State University and a master’s degree in management from National University in San Diego
Keith CoxVice President of Sales
Keith Cox has been a valuable member of the UPS family for over 27 years. Keith has spent the majority of his tenure in a variety of sales and leadership roles focusing on creating meaningful connections for customers. Today, he leads the development of UPS Capital strategic plans that address customer needs and business opportunities as the Vice President of Sales. Prior to UPS, Cox was involved in a family-owned equine business where he served as head trainer and was responsible for all customer interactions.
- Realigned the U.S. sales team to better address evolving customer needs and sales opportunities, while capitalizing on internal efficiencies and providing a seamless interaction for customers
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Atlantic International University and a certificate in emerging markets strategies from Georgia State
Cathy HiltonVice President of Legal Affairs
Having been a member of the UPS team for over 15 years, Cathy Hilton currently holds responsibility for UPS Capital’s global legal and compliance matters and oversees the processes and procedures that help UPS Capital comply with all laws and regulations. Her team strives to provide competent, timely, cost-effective and solution-oriented legal advice to support UPS Capital’s business partners. She has helped improve contracting processes, reduce the number of litigation matters and decrease legal and compliance costs.
- Served as an attorney with Smith, Gambrell & Russell; a manager with Ethicon, Inc.; and a Burlington Industries’ production manager
- Currently serves on the board and executive committee of Sheltering Arms Early Education and board of the Emory Alumni Association
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in textile management from North Carolina State University and law degree from the Emory University School of Law
Jorge NavarroVice President, Europe Region
Jorge Navarro joined UPS Capital in 2012. Over the course of his UPS Capital career, he has held a number of key positions, including Country Manager for UPS Capital in Mexico and Americas Managing Director for Mexico, Brazil and Canada.
Between 1998 and 2012, Jorge was the Master Agent and Country Representative of UPS Capital Business Credit in Mexico, Chile and Argentina. Through this banking division, UPS Capital provided financing to companies importing capital goods using the Export Credit Agencies’ programs.
In April 2012, when UPS Capital integrated its Master Agents’ activities, Jorge was invited to join and was named Country Manager for UPS Capital in Mexico with the responsibility to launch and develop the risk mitigation portfolio. Two years later, he assumed the responsibility for Brazil and then added Canada in the fall of 2015.
In July 2016, he was selected as the UPS Capital Vice President responsible for Europe.
- More than 30 years of experience in founding, developing and managing businesses in various segments in the United States and Latin America
- Founding member and General Manager of Cima Capital LLC, a financial services firm responsible for operating the Representative Offices of UPS Capital Business Credit in Mexico, Chile and Argentina
- Former member of the Board of Directors of Mexico´s Association of International Financial Institutions, and former member of the Representative Offices Chapter of the Association of Mexican Banks
- Mentor for the past 11 years at Endeavor Mexico, a nonprofit organization that supports high impact entrepreneurs and has served on its advisory board from 2010-15
- Graduated from the Universidad La Salle as a civil engineer and received an MBA from the Instituto Panamericano de Alta Direccion de Empresa (IPADE)
Leona RapelyeVice President of Operations and the Asia Pacific Region
Leona Rapelye joined UPS Capital in 2001 when First International Bank was acquired. She oversees customer relations, credit, claims, underwriting, and engineering functions. Over the years, Rapelye has served in many other roles at UPS, including global employee relations manager for UPS Supply Chain Solutions, corporate employee relations manager for UPS and director of human resources for UPS Capital.
- Worked in human resources leadership roles for First International Bank (before its acquisition by UPS), Liberty Bank, Ames Department Store (corporate office) and Tolland Bank
- Participates in the Society for Human Resource Management
- Serves on the board of Georgia Nonprofit Sheltering Arms
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in music from St. Lawrence University and a master’s degree in management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Jonathan TerryVice President of Finance
Jonathan Terry has been with UPS since 1996. As Vice President of Finance, at UPS Capital, Terry manages financial planning and accounting practices, budgeting, cash management, reporting, and tax activities. Previously, he served as UPS Capital’s finance controller. Over the course of his career he has held a number of marketing, operations and finance roles, including serving as the Director of Operations for UPS Capital Business Credit, a state-chartered bank based in Connecticut.
- Serves as the Treasurer of the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia
- Holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting from the University of Georgia and a Master’s Degree in finance from Kennesaw State University
Vice President, Parcel Pro and the Americas Region
Manuel Valdez joined UPS Capital in 2015 through the acquisition of Parcel Pro™. Parcel Pro is the leading provider of specialized insured shipping solutions to the jewelry and watch trade. Valdez spent more than 17 years with Parcel Pro, starting with its inception, and was responsible for global operations and geographic expansion across key jewelry districts in the U.S .and Asia. Valdez helped build Parcel Pro into the leading insured transportation carrier through rigorous security protocols, advanced technology and white glove service for customers.He currently has responsibility for Parcel Pro within the U.S., as well as responsibility for UPS Capital within the Americas.
- Developed and operated one of the leading insured transportation providers in the U.S., with expansion in key U.S. and Asian markets
- Holds a brokerage license in property and casualty, accident and health as well as surplus lines
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in science and math from Thomas Edison State University
Tammy CaldwellManaging Director of People Resources
Tammy Caldwell has been with UPS since 1986, working in operations, legal, and human resources, where she spent the majority of her career. Caldwell served as the HR Director for several corporate functions and has also spent time in HR Systems, UPS Healthcare, Corporate Workforce Planning and the HR Service Delivery group. As Managing Director of People Resources at UPS Capital, she oversees the HR and talent development teams located in the United States, Asia and Europe. Her teams support the organization in cultivating and developing the next generation of leaders, while addressing various strategic and operational initiatives.
- Completed a certificate in project management from George Washington University, and is a Certified Compensation Professional (CPB), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Otterbein University and a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Georgia State University School of Law
Wanis KabbajVice President of Marketing and Business Intelligence
Wanis Kabbaj has been with UPS since 2010. He has over 20 years of experience in international marketing and strategy, serving major North American, European and Asian multinational corporations with a specific focus on transportation. Within UPS Capital, Kabbaj is responsible for directing the global Marketing, Communication, Business Intelligence and Product Development groups. Prior to his current role, he developed a fast growing portfolio of logistics services, uniquely designed around the specific needs of UPS Healthcare customers. In his prior role at Renault-Nissan, he made significant contributions to the company’s global expansion in key emerging markets, including India, Brazil, Russia and Romania.
- Presented two TED Talks on the future of urban mobility and the question of nationalism and globalism, which have totaled more than 4.4 million views
- Expanded the UPS cold chain and risk mitigation portfolio with new products and double digit growth rates sustained for 5 years
- Holds a master’s in business administration (marketing concentration) from the ESSEC Business School (Paris – France) and completed his undergraduate studies in mathematics, philosophy and history at the Prepa Louis Le Grand (Paris – France) and Henri IV (Paris – France)
Srikanth MallyaManaging Director of Strategy and Corporate Development
Srikanth Mallya helped launch UPS Capital in 1999, and has contributed to the growth, consolidation and re-definition phases of the company’s business. Over the years, Mallya held a variety of roles within UPS Capital and UPS. He recently served as the Director of Strategy for UPS, where he contributed to the development and deployment of large, cross-functional transformation projects and supported corporate merger, acquisition and partnership activities. As the Managing Director of Strategy and Corporate Development at UPS Capital, his team supports the development and deployment of growth and investment priorities for the organization.
- Worked on UPS’ joint venture with SF Express, a leading express parcel company in China
- Charter member of the Atlanta chapter of TiE, the world’s largest not-for-profit organization committed
to promoting entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, motivating, networking and educating
- Holds a bachelor’s of engineering degree from the Manipal Institute of Technology in India and a master’s in business administration degree from The University of Texas at Arlington
Vadim RatokhinManaging Director of Information Technology
Vadim Ratokhin has been with UPS Capital Corporation since 2002, leading a variety of technology and operations initiatives. Today, he oversees the technology division of UPS Capital and its subsidiaries, which includes project management, technology operations and application development. His team manages the portfolio of IT projects, delivering enhanced business processes, innovative solutions, and an optimal customer experience.
- Designed and launched technology solutions for UPS Capital’s international cargo and parcel insurance programs, lending solutions, high-value insurance service and channel program insurance capabilities
- Achieved professional certifications from Microsoft, the Project Management Institute and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Obtained bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mining engineering from Kuzbass Polytechnic Institute, a master’s degree in finance from the University of New Haven and a master’s in business administration from the Georgia Institute of Technology